Monday, October 15, 2012

Oh hey, didn't see you there...

Sorry for the slow updates guys, but for those who want to know, I had to get a new computer.

My old one just wasn't cutting it anymore.
That, and I burnt out the power supply...

So in the mean time, I've had a little POS laptop from HP to hold me over, and 3D modelling with it was like trying to play chess by snail-mail. Photoshop? Yeah, if I was lucky, it would open in under 20 minutes.

Being as frustrated as I was, I did the only logical thing and bought a beastly machine hell bent on eating the souls of children, punching the elderly in their junk, rocking out, and exploding with computing power.
An Asus G75VW, decked out like a boss!

May not represent true level of bad-ass.
With a 2.8ghz Intel® Core™ i7 3720QM Processor, NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 670M 3GB GDDR5 VRAM, 16gb of RAM, and a 17.3" HD screen, it has everything that I needed!

The reason I haven't updated in 5 days(!) is because I had gotten this bad boy and it needed taming it like a mighty wizard on a mountain top, in an epic lightening storm. I would need to tame this fiendish explosion dragon like it had kidnapped a scantily clad princesses. (Yes, many princesses) I needed to install all of my "work" programs and from my last laptop, I was preparing for days of laborious disc swaps, updates, and reboots.

Well, that didn't happen. It took me like 4 hours... the rest of the time was spent watching YouTube, playing XCOM, and various other forms of wasting time while riding this monster machine in a montage best described as that one scene from Neverending Story.

Now, some of you may be saying "Uh, Dave, that isn't the most bad-ass computer I've seen." This is where I would tell you to shut the hell up, least you wake the monster from it's slumber! 

Seriously though, it's not the biggest and best out there, I know. I've had work stations with more processing power, compilers with better graphics performance, and servers with more RAM. But hey, I like this, it's good enough to keep me going for a while, and there is no doubt in my mind that if I don't keep an eye on it, it will take hold of me, rip my mind numbing job away from me and force me to eat sugary treats and pretzels while seducing me with hours of internet videos and beautifully rendered video games...

Anywho, next purchase is going to be this bad ass mutha-fucka!
Yiynova 19" LCD Tablet Monitor FTW!
That's right, I'm going to give the beast another weapon to battle my productivity! (Once I can recover financially from my last purchase...)

More 3D models and "art" coming soon!

Until next time,
-Dave
(Fear the might of such a beast, for it will burden you with doughy flesh and pictures of kittens)

Psst...check out the link below for a good deal on an Asus G75VW! Its my current weapon of choice!
-Dave




No comments:

Post a Comment