Friday, April 22, 2016

Enter the Gungeon - 3D Printed Bullet Kin

Hey there everyone!

I know I haven't been posting much lately, but I've been getting back into 3D and working on a more hush, hush kinda project.

In my down time though, I've been playing Dodge Roll's 'Enter the Gungeon' published by Devolver Digital.

I've only gotten to the 5th floor a couple of times, but I f*ckin' love it! It's tough, full of secrets to discover, and has a quirky sense of humor.

But, as I said, I've been doing 3D again and thought it'd be cool to make a Bullet Kin, so I did.


And that wasn't enough! I f*ucking loved it so much, I went ahead and talked my brother-in-law into using his 3D printer and making my own Bullet Kin a reality! I've always wanted to make toys and while I love making games, there's something about having a real life figure.


And here are the results of the print! On his little platform, he only stand about 2.5 inches tall with a hollow body and removable "cap". That's where I hide his little gun for storage.

While he has a foot pin to hold him to the base, he does stand on his own and I know his feet aren't 100% accurate, they're needed to help keep balanced.

I plan on painting him and the base to match the game, and I might make a few more like a Shotgun Kin and Sniper Shell; two other enemies from the game.

Let me know what you think of him! Or maybe some other characters from indie games that you'd like to see in 3D and printed and I'll see what I can do!

Until next time,
Dave


No comments:

Post a Comment