And so does metroidvania games.
So when I saw this game, Rogue Legacy being covered by Northernlion on the youtubes, I got so very giddy about it!
Check out his video below!
We can all see that Cellar Door Games is doing awesome stuff with this game, but lemme fill you in a little more!
It's all these things...
- A rogue-"lite" game for PC, Mac and Linux.
- You will die, but your children will avenge you. They might be genetically deficient, but that's ok. You still love your colour-blind baby. Or do you?
- A procedurally generated castle. Every playthrough is different.
- Over 8 classes to choose from. Each class has unique abilities which change the way you play the game.
- Every time you play you get a little stronger. Never back to square 1.
- Find tons of loot and deck your dood OUT.
- Massive Skill tree? What? Yup.
- New game+? Zup? Yup.
- Equip runes and customize your character however you want. Wanna fly? GO FOR IT!
- Got a controller? Play with a controller. Big Picture ready!
- Fart Jokes. Or not... Depends on how much you hate children with I.B.S.
And guess what?! You can now pre-purchase Rogue Legacy for the low-low price of $10!
Why haven't you purchased it yet!? DO IT NOW!
Long story short, this game is amazing for fans of the genre and, in my opinion, an excellent introduction for those wanting to get into rogue-like games. It's created by Cellar Door Games which is an indipendant game development studio that was founded in 2009 and is located in Toronto, Ontario and from my understanding, they're pretty freakin' awesome.
They also have a Steam Greenlight going on, so pop over there and check it out, too!
Rogue Legacy looks amazing, and if you're not a fan, vote for it for me, 'cause I need this game.
Until next time,
(Seriously, why is it only indies that can come up with awesome games these days?)