Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Design Work - Cyclops Concept 01

Hey there!

I've been trying to stay busy lately with more and more game development and what-not and as a result, I've been making more of pretty much everything.

Currently, I'm working on creating 3D environment assets for 'Blade Born' by Talos Studios.
Our other games 'Corruption Kings' and 'Root Canal' are basically on ice for now until we can revisit and possibly restructure them.

But, that doesn't mean I can't continue working on some of my solo/side projects!

One of my more recent ideas I spewed forth is a more classic, yet comedic barbarian RPG with strong fantasy elements in an isometric perspective. Think Diablo or Fallout 1&2 for a general idea. Depending on how well my test builds go, I'll either be making the game in 3D using Unity, or as a 2D game using Construct 2 or Game Maker Studio.


These concepts are for the cyclops' in the game. I wanted to step away from the classic look they're given with the oddly placed eye and nose and make something that really stands out as a new, unique take on the monster race while still feeling organic.

Hopefully I can get this project off the ground here soon, but in the mean time, I'm going to continue fleshing out my design document and art bible for the game and as I do, I'll keep updating with monsters and shtuff.

Until next time,
Dave

PS. If you're a bad-ass programmer that wants to team up on some side projects, hit me up and maybe we can churn out some cool stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment