Monday, May 6, 2013

Secret Project - Preview

Hey everybody!

As some of you may know from previous posts I've made, the team and I are working on another game that should be leaps and bounds ahead of our last one.

Here is a lil preview image I'm going to share!

Who could it be?!
Here is some info/hints about the game.
  • It's built in Unreal Dev Kit
  • It's being released for iPhone and iPad
  • It'll bring awareness to certain issues around the world
  • It's a simulation (of sorts)
  • Some of you will love it
  • Some of you will hate it (but most of you will love it)
I think that's all I'm willing to share at this point. We've got this thing pretty well under control and should be coming out early this summer. In my opinion, this will be the first game to put us on the radar as a contender in the games world.

Speaking of our games, Jake put up a good post-mortem of Super Monster Dance Party over on his blog that sums things up pretty nicely about some of the issues we faced with it's development as well as some of the persistent bugs that remain in the game. From my perspective, we accomplished our goal for the game which was to release it. It may not be the best game out there, but it has pretty kick-ass music and its safe for kids to play. 

Aside from that, it was a little awkward just like so many other firsts in life. Don't get me wrong, the team did awesome, but like Jake says in his post, we learned a lot from the experience. The best thing we gained from it was game dev cycle knowledge and for me personally, really learning what it takes to complete a project. 

Anywho, what else was there? Oh yeah, I completed (some more) work on a character that I came up with nearly 2 years ago called Donkey Punch... yeah, a bit juvenile for someone whose nearly 30, but hey, who cares?

Check him out!

Donkey Punch WIP
He's still a work in progress right now as I need to skin his revolver, add detail to his hat, add in his teeth, and of course rig him for animation, but I don't really know what I'll use him for...I mean, I didn't touch the model in over a year and haven't really considered what I was making it for, but I guess practice is a thing, so there is that...

If you have an idea for what (PG-ish) thing ol' Donkey Punch here can be used for, let me know in the comments down below.

Until next time,
-Dave
(Been thinking about it more and more and I think I might finally set up a YouTube channel. Maybe with 3D modeling tutorials and first impressions...)

No comments:

Post a Comment