Tuesday, September 11, 2012

6180 The Moon - Impressions on Video


(This is my take on the video above. I haven't played this game.)

6180 The Moon is a unique 2D Puzzle/Platformer that takes away the fear of a falling death to the player and instead warps or wraps the player back to the top of the screen. With this new dynamic, getting to the objective of each level will force the player to think and solve puzzles that they haven't thought of before.

My first impressions were honestly not good. Seeing the very retro white vector lines on black background made my mind instantly race to games like Asteroid and Missile Command. And although those are both great games, I personally am getting tired of "retro for the sake of retro".

But once I saw what the game play looked like, I felt more at ease. 6180 The Moon has a charm about it.
Take a look at the video above and you'll see how the game seems to let the player flow, putting them in control of how smooth they move through the environment.

Also, the puzzles don't look like they'd be too punishing and with the hazards easy to spot, no death should feel cheap.

This game was co-created by South Korea's Indie Game Studios, Turtle Cream, and PokPoong Games.
It's slated for release later this year.

I think I'll check it out when it comes out.

Thanks!
-Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment