Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Heads Up - Mercenary Kings

Every one loves Metal Slug, right? Even if you're bad at it, which many of us are, you still pump more quarters in the machine or start your console over again. Man, I think I spent enough loose change on that 2D side-scroller for me to buy an arcade cabinet myself. What could possibly be better?

Glad you asked.



CHECK THIS SHIT OUT! WOO!


Mercenary Kings is a percise 2D side-scrolling shooter along the lines of Metal Slug and Gunstar Heros of the past, but with smoother animations being supplied by Jonathan Lavigne, who was the guy behind the art for Scott Pilgram vs. The World: The Game and co-founder of Tribute Games. Then you mix it all up with a weapon customization and crafting system, 4 player co-op, and 30+ missions (!) and you have a recipe for AWESOME-SAUCE! (extra spicy)

This game was funded with a KickStarter campaign that ended on the 13th of September, 2012.
One refreshing thing they said was that if they get it funded without reaching their extended goals, they'll use the profits from sales to keep extending the game! Gotta love it!

I didn't get in on time to fund this bad mama jamma, but I'll keep you up to date as I learn more.

Until then
-Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment